As you all know, I had the pleasure of being an official blogger for the Styles in the City event which took place last weekend and was a success. Today, I'll be recapping the fashion conference, this is my first post of three, so stay tuned.
This year the conference focus was Brand Builders, the panelist shared insight on public relations, graphic design, image and overall tips on the branding of a successful business. There was a wealth of information being shared and I made sure to soak it all in and as well as take notes. I also tweeted highlights as well. The conference was definitely resourceful and enlightening.
|From R to L: Willie Donwell, Justin Norman, Darnell Macon, Latrice Dalgado-Macon, |
Asia Willis, Myron Watkins, Ebony Rollins and the MC Jamar Broaden
· "Does your image embody whatyou do and what you're selling?" -Justin Norm
· "Networking is your net worth." - Darnell Macon
· "Collaboration is important.Come with an open mind." -Willie Donwell
· "Pitching your brand? Have aclear concise and consistent message." -Asia Willis
· "Invest in your business notjust with money but with time." - Myron Watkins
· "A brand without a marketingplan is a hobby!" -Ebony Rollins
After the conference, we took advantage and networked with one another. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the panelists and other attendees.
|Here I'm pictured with top: Jamila of Fashion Style Detroit, Liz of Illustrious Jewelry by Liz, Danae of Le Thrifty Madre|
bottom: Liz, and Ebony Rollins, with Jamar Broaden and with Asia Willis
Liz was also an official blogger of #SITC12, be sure to check out her take on the event here. Excellent recap.
For more information on ERollins Group, visit their website www.erollingroup.com